Transport People with a Disability Training
This course is recommended for all staff who are responsible for assisting clients to access company vehicles and/or driving clients in company vehicles
What content does the program cover?
- Requirements under the WHS regulation 2011
- Transporting a passenger with a disability
- Vehicle characteristics and safe operation
- Familiarisation with vehicle hoists and Q restraint systems
- What to do in an emergency
- Disability parking scheme
Course completion requires
Assessment – A workplace assessment is conducted through observation checklists completed by a site manager or supervisor
The assessment for this course is through participation in group activities and hands on application of wheelchair loading and unloading skills, use of vehicle hoist and emergency hoist system.