Medication Policy & Practice
This short course can be customised to suit your training needs and delivered at your venue or ours
What content does the course cover?
This course provides participants with the essential knowledge required to safely and effectively assist clients with prescribed medications and manage medication incidents in the workplace.
Why choose this course?
This course is recommended for anyone who, as part of their work role, is required to assist clients with medications. This course will provide participants with the essential knowledge required to safely prepare and effectively assist clients with medications, complete medication documentation and handle medication contingencies in the workplace.
Contact our training team for more information.
Or Call: 02 4934 9999
This includes knowledge of:
- The legal framework that supports safe medications
- The roles and responsibilities of those involved in medications
- Basic medication terminology, abbreviations, naming conventions and instructions
- Different forms of medications and how they are handled, administered and stored in the workplace
- The characteristics of commonly prescribed medications
- The 10 rights of medication safety
- Applying safe work practices when assisting with medications including documentation and reporting requirements
- Managing medication incidents
- Assisting clients who self-administer medications
Course completion requires:
Active participation in all learning activities throughout the course which can include tailored workplace scenarios and problem-solving activities. Participants will have an opportunity to demonstrate practical skills in assisting with medications dispensed in both a blister pack and non-blister pack.