HLTAID003 – Provide first aid
Why choose this course?
This course is recommended for anyone wanting to acquire or update their first aid skills and knowledge via a comprehensive learning program.
Successful completion will provide the participant with a first aid certificate valid for 3 years.
This course has a focus on administering first aid to a person with a disability.
Competency is assessed via:
- written answers to quiz questions
- assessment questions
- active participation
- CPR and First aid practical assessments
The learning content and activity covers the following:
- unit of Competency – HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- a combination of theory and practical demonstrations covering all aspects of First aid in line with Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines
a focus on disability
- hands on experience throughout the day including responding to real life scenarios in simulated environment
Does the program have any prerequisites?
There is approximately 1 – 2 hours compulsory online reading and a series of quiz and assessment questions to be answered prior to attending the course.
The requirement to have completed the prerequisite work prior to face to face training is mandatory and strictly enforced.