Documentation for the Disability Sector
This course is designed for employees in the disability sector with a focus on the documents required for support practitioners.
It covers the underpinning skills and knowledge required to document professionally, ensuring it meets legal, ethical and sector standards.
This course also covers concepts such as consent, confidentiality, the purpose of the documentation and objective / factual writing.
There is an opportunity in the session to practice the skills.
What content does the program cover?
This course deals with the appropriate recording of information.
- When what and where to document
- Documenting to the legal, industry and organisation’s standard
- Practice writing factually, and using objective language
- Storing and retention of client and site information
- Confidentiality and privacy
- Legislation relating to documentation
- Organisation policies and procedures pertaining to all record keeping